Mathblogging.org Weekly Picks
August 2, 2012 § Leave a comment
We try to read every blog post that goes through Mathblogging.org. For the Weekly Picks, we collect posts in one category from last week to give you an impression of what the mathematical blogosphere has to offer. (Read this for more information on this change.)
- Vi Hart teams up with Numberphile’s Brady Haran for a Dialogue for 2.
- Spiked Math turns “every finite strongly connected aperiodic directed graph of uniform out-degree has a synchronizing coloring” into a surprising visual game.
- I omikron wanders, randomly, in 3D.
- dataisnature portrays recent work by Dominik Strzelec.
Poetry, Essay etc.
- At Intersections, Jo Anne Growney shares as snowball poem of women in mathematics.
- At Flowing Data, Nathan Yau wonders when statistics and data science will start moving closer again.
- At The Aperiodical, Christian Perfect finds the world’s first integers-as-a-service provider, Brooklyn Integers.